Friendsgiving with Mandy Moore + American Express
When American Express and Mandy Moore invite you to Friendsgiving you a) tell your 13-yr.- old self not to freak out and b) run to your closet and figure out what to wear! Keep scrolling for what I actually did wear to Friendsgiving, Mandy's favorite Paleo Pumpkin Pie recipe, and some decor hacks for your tomorrow's Friendsgiving/Thanksgiving celebrations.
Friendsgiving was at one of my fave LA restaurants, Eveleigh, and it was a seriously intimate event! Mandy hung out at our table for a bit and you guys, I legit had a full convo with her about life, Thanksgiving, and dating. She's just the sweetest gal! It seems like she's in such a good place in her life, recently engaged and killing it on “This is Us.” I sort of feel like we're in similar points in our lives where everything is just falling into place. Mandy, if you want to chat wedding
planning... I've got you girl!
One of her favorite Thanksgiving recipes is a Paleo Pumpkin Pie from blogger Sweet Laurel and it sounds so good:
Paleo Pumpkin Pie
· 2 cups almond or hazelnut flour
· 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· 1 egg
· 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
· 3 eggs
· ½ cup coconut milk or almond milk
· 1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
· 1 tablespoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or a mixture of ground nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
To prepare pie crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl, then slowly stir in coconut oil and egg.
3. Stir to combine. If more moisture is needed, add a bit more oil.
4. Press into the bottom of a pie or tart pan.
To prepare filling:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, blend the pumpkin puree and eggs.
3. Slowly add in coconut or almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt.
4. Pour into prepared pie crust. Shield the edges of the pie crust with strips of foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil strips and continue to bake until the center of the pie is firm, about 15-20 more minutes.
Allow to cool, then place in refrigerator to set overnight, or enjoy warm! Serve with Coconut Whipped Cream
If you're hosting Turkey Day or Friendsgiving this year, make sure to check out the Food + Decor Hacks with Refinery 29 that Mandy and the team did for our event. I LOVE the painted pumpkins; such a chic way to decorate pumpkins!
This year I''m helping my mom prep for Thanksgiving and we're hosting the whole family! Did you guys know that with the #BlueCashEveryday Card from American Express, you earn 3% cash back at US Supermarkets? Don't worry mom, I'll do ALL the grocery shopping for Thursday! ;)
And what did I wear? Don't worry, I've got you: