Friday Faves: My Tried + True Products
Sometimes it feels like the only thing being shared by influencers are the shiny new products to recently hit the market. I have SO MANY tried and true products that I am a die hard fan for and so I had the idea to start a FRIDAY FAVE highlight. Each week I’ll be sharing a few of my favorite products and updating them here as we go along. If you know and have loved using any of these products, I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below!
Friday, June 28th
1. TAN-LUXE’s THE BODY Illuminating Self-Tan - I’ve never used any type of body tanning lotion before using these, so I was a skeptic to say the least. I walked into Sephora and bought these drops to use before a shoot and I was perfectly sun kissed in the morning. A little goes a long way and all you have to do is mix it with your lotion or moisturizer. There is also one for the face!
2. Clinique’s Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate - I don’t use moisturizer that often because my skin is pretty oily and the nighttime serums that I use help to keep my skin hydrated - BUT - in the wintertime or when I’m in need of some extra hydration, I reach for Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel or their concentrate. They are both super light without leaving a layer of grease that some other lotions or creams leave.
3. tarte’s Tartelette™ Toasted Eyeshadow Palette - I often wish I were that person who played more with eye makeup, but ain’t nobody got time! I’ve used this palette almost exclusively for the last year and it’s perfect for when you want the perfect shade of bronze for a daytime look or to add a little bit of glam into nighttime.
Friday, June 21st
1. Calpak 5-Piece Packing Cube Set - ‘A place for everything and everything in its place’ … Accurate - these packing cubes have absolutely changed the way I pack. They help keep me organized and magically give you more space. 9 outfits packed perfectly in a carry on?! Sign me up.
2. Crest 3D Whitestrips - I get asked a lot how I keep my teeth so white and these are the answer. I’ve been using them for probably a decade! I do one pack a year and space each treatment out over 2-3 weeks (this helps so much to minimize tooth sensitivity).
3. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm - The best makeup remover because it doesn’t dry out your face. I liken it to putting chapstick all over your face (in the best way possible ha!) and I’ve repurchased over and over again for 4 years. It also comes in a travel size so that you can keep it in your carry on!
Friday, June 7th
1. Sol de Janeiro's Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - This is a fast-absorbing body cream that helps tighten and smooth the look of skin. I use it any time I have a shoot or have to wear a bathing suit because it’s INSANELY moisturizing.
2. Garnier® SKINACTIVE™ Micellar Cleansing Water - You can find my love letter to this bottle of water here, but I cannot live without this product. It gives me LIFE. Helps to clear any trace of makeup from your face with no greasy residue.
3. Native Natural Deodorant - No more itch from shaving, and most importantly, no more smell or end of the day BO. It takes a couple of weeks for this gem to start working its magic, but that’s because your body is getting rid of all of the toxins leftover from the nasty aluminum in your old deodorant. Let the smelly times pass and you’ll never look back.
4. Skylar Travel Size Perfume Roller - The Capri scent is so BOMB. It’s so fresh smelling with a hint of floral. The size makes it perfect to just throw in your bag during Spring and Summer and spray it on when you need a lil’ somethin’ somethin’.