Honeymoon Packing List
Man, what I would do to be back on honeymoon right now! Later this week I'll be sharing all the specifics on our trip to Belize + Riviera Maya but in the meantime I put together my packing list, including tips for getting EVERYTHING into a carry-on plus must-haves for any tropical destination. This post is definitely applicable to anyone planning a warm-weather vacay, not just honeymooners!
(click picture to shop)
This is legit my ultimate life outfit list haha! We pretty much lived in our bathing suits and I didn't wear makeup the entire trip. Island life is my best life! Keep scrolling for packing tips and other must-haves:
As many of you saw on IG stories, I did our 11 day trip in a carry-on! Honestly the trick really is ROLLING everything and only packing essentials. It's also a lot easier to do for a tropical trip when you know you'll be living in swimsuits. Some of my other tips:
- Bring separates you can mix + match (like this outfit I posted about last week)
- Utilize swimsuits as real clothes: one pieces are essentially bodysuits that you can wear with shorts, skirts, and pants. Additionally, some bikini tops can double as cute crop tops!
- Slip dresses are your BFF. They are SO easy to pack and great for warm weather vacays when you want to look nice but don't want something clinging to your body.
- Pack sunglasses in hard-shelled purse then stuff with scarves or bandanas
- Travel size toiletries. It's so do-able!
- Hat packing tips ---> here!
- 3 pairs of shoes max: flip flips and two pairs of cute sandals
Really think about where you're going. Most beach vacays don't require heels, so don't even bring them "just in case!" Also I did not bring a blow dryer or curling iron because I knew there was no chance with the humidity!
What carry-on did I bring? I brought a small one from this Calpak set BUT I wouldn't suggest it because they make bigger carry-ons. I stupidly put this set on our registry not even thinking there was other size options and you guys, it's TINY. This one at Nordstrom is 3+" bigger which is A LOT when it comes to carry-on space. This set from Shopbop (on sale!) also has a bigger carry-on, so yeah... I may be upgrading soon because I love the idea of packing in a carry-on only but I want to have the BIGGEST option possible.
While these items may not be sexy and cute, they really are essential for a tropical vacay especially in remote locations:
- Bose Mini Speaker - tunes make everything better and this guys IS so portable!
- 3M Ultrathon Insect Repellant - yes, it has deet on it but if you're anything like me ( I get eaten alive), this stuff works. It has slow release tech that protects really well. We applied every morning and before dinner.
- Kindle - I know I'm behind the time but I just got one and I'm obsessed. Tip: you can rent digital books from your local library. I made the mistake of buying all the books... SMH $200 later.
- Portable Charger - you can never have too much juice!
- Sunscreen: face + body