Beach Waves Made Simple
I'm a girl that loves me some beach waves. Legit, the last time I wore my hair straight Andy did a double take because he couldn't remember the last time (if any) he's seen it like that! When Conair reached out about their new Bun-2-Done product I was instantly curious: beachy waves in a matter of minutes plus I can have my hands free to do my makeup at the same time? Yes, please!
What is it?
You've seen me testing on IG stories and it's definitely a unique product: 1 part bun donut, 1 part curlers. The unit comes with 6 "wands" - they wiggle though, not hard - that you can use to create one or multiple buns. Honestly, unless you have a TON of hair you won't ever need all 6 at one time which means you could totally try them with a friend for GNO or share them with a roomie/sister.
- Plug in Bun-2-Done and let heat up (~8-10 minutes)
- Put your hair into a ponytail or multiple ponytails
- Grab a "rod" and wrap hair around it, clip, then spread hair around the “rod” to cover it.
- Let sit for 10 minutes (just enough time to get your makeup done)
- Roll out, run your hands through and you're ready to go!
- I found that you instinctively want to wrap by rolling under but they actually stay better and end up looking more full if you roll forward.
- For looser, more voluminous waves one bun works. If you want tighter waves or a little more definition then break up into two - four sections.
- I ended up loving the results of: two ponytails (do one like a half up ponytail then with remainder of hair do another) and two buns per ponytail.
It's definitely a cool product that I would suggest for anyone that doesn't love curling their hair with a curling iron and/or really needs to be efficient in the AM when they are getting ready! Conair is offering EDP readers $10 off and Free Shipping to anywhere in the US for any Bun-2-Done product. Use Coupon Code: everydaypursuits10.
Btw, posted all the deets on this outfit earlier this week - check it out here.